Alphabetical Alumni
Yancy, Alice

Yancy, Alice

Alice Yancy

Class of 1917. Alice Yancy. Graduated from Brigham Young High School in 1917. Source: 1917 BYU Banyan yearbook, BYH section, pages 82-88.

Yardley, James Gilbert

Yardley, James Gilbert
Killed in World War I, France US

Gilbert Yardley

BYA Beaver Branch ~ Murdock Academy, Class of 1910. Gilbert Yardley. Source: Program, Commencement Exercises, 1910. ~ ~ ~ ~ James Gilbert Yardley was born on December 17, 1888 in Beaver, Utah. He would have been about 22 years of age in 1910 -- late high school or early college age. His parents were James Heber (Heber) Yardley and Harriet Maria Anderson Yardley. J. Gilbert Yardley died on October 20, 1918 at 29 years, 10 months, and 3 days of age, in France -- a World War I casualty. Interment, Mountain View Cemetery, Beaver, Utah.

Yardley, Wallace Dudley

Yardley, Wallace Dudley
Beaver, Utah US

Wallace and Melba Yardley

BYA Beaver Branch ~ Murdock Academy, Class of 1923 [Beaver High School]. Wallace Dudley Yardley, 89, passed away April 14, 1990 in Bountiful, Utah. Born March 12, 1901 in Beaver, Utah, son of James H. and Harriet Anderson Yardley. Married Melba Theurer December 2, 1931 in the Logan LDS Temple. Wallace attended Murdock Academy in Beaver, where he received the last letter given for sports from that institution, and graduated in the first graduating class of Beaver High School. Mr. Yardley devoted a lifetime of service to the LDS Church including two years of service as a missionary in England from 1927-29, Bishop of Beaver 3rd Ward for nine years, Stake President of Beaver Stake for 15 1/2 years, Bishop's Counselor, Stake High Counselor, and Beaver Stake Patriarch at the time of his death. He served a second mission with his wife as director of the London Temple Visitor Center, 1970-71. He was the recipient of the Silver Beaver Award from the Boy Scouts of America. He was appointed by the governor as a charter member of the Utah Water and Power Board in 1947, serving for 17 years and later was appointed to the Utah Oil and Gas Commission. He was the only surviving charter member of the Water and Power Board at the time of his death. He was president of the Beaver River Water Users Association for 30 years and also served on the Beaver City Council. Mr. Yardley was a successful cattle rancher his entire life and in 1988 was honored as Utah's Distinguished Old Time Cattle Rancher of the Year. He and his son, Gilbert, bred and raised some of the top cattle in America. He operated his home ranch west of the Beaver and a summer ranch in Garfield County on Asay Creek. He is survived by his son, Gilbert T. Yardley (Denise); five daughters, Mrs. Craig G. (Joleene) Sorenson, Omaha, Nebraska; Mrs. C. Elwynn (Nina Rue) Olsen, Fruit Heights; Mrs. Waye [Wayne?] C. (Sylvia) Hansen, Dallas, Texas; Mrs. John L. (Blanch) Linton, Sandy; and Mrs. David M. (Jeannie) Wilding, Centerville; brother, Roy Yardley, Beaver; 36 grandchildren, three of whom are currently serving LDS missions; and three great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by his wife; and two grandsons, Brent Y. Olsen and Scott W. Hansen. Funeral services were held on Wednesday, April 18, 1990, in the Beaver 1st Ward Chapel. The family suggested contributions be made to the LDS Church Missionary Fund. Burial, Mountain View Cemetery, Beaver. [Deseret News, Monday, April 16, 1990.]

Yarn, Jennifer
4600 Squirrels Nest Lane
Villa Rica, Georgia 30180-4162 US

Jennifer and James Montgomery
  • Work: (770) 456-7882

Class of 1980. Jennifer Yarn. BYU Travel Tourism 1987. She married James B. Montgomery.

Yarn, Rebecca
1391 East 250 North
Bountiful, Utah 84010 US

Rebecca & Michael Allen
  • Work: (801) 292-4477

Class of 1973. Rebecca Yarn. BYU BS Child Development/Family Relations/Family Living 1976. Rebecca married Michael L. Allen.

Yarn, Teresa
506 South 900 West
Brigham City, Utah 84302 US

Teresa and Daniel Pulleyn
  • Work: (435) 723-7568

Centennial Class of 1976. Teresa Yarn. BYU Open Major 1987. Married Daniel C. Pulleyn.

Yates, Albert L.

Yates, Albert L.

Albert Yates

Brigham Young High School, Class of 1906. Albert L. Yates. He received a Normal Diploma. Source: Students Record of Class Standings B.Y. Academy, Book 2, Page 97. ~ ~ ~ ~ BYH Class of 1906. Albert L. Yates, a Normal graduate. BYU [& BYH] Class of 1906 Listing of BYH Normal, High School, Commercial, and Music School graduates. Source: Brigham Young Academy & Normal Training School, Catalogues & Announcements, for 31st Academic Year, 1906-1907, p. 140.

Yates, T. J.

Yates, T. J.

T. J. Yates

BY Academy High School Normal Class of 1891. T. J. Yates. Received a Normal Diploma on May 21, 1891. At Commencement Exercises, he was the Orator. Source: Graduation Program of the Normal Class of 1891. Confirmed: BYU Special Collections UA 1008.

Yist, Liahona [Ylst,]
PO Box 649
Alamo, California 94507 US

Lia and Neil Christensen
  • Work: 925-820-4233

Class of 1951 and Class of 1952. Liahona [Lia] Yist [Ylst]. Shorthand Club. [Listed as a senior in both the 1951 and 1952 Wildcat yearbooks.] Parents: Eege Ylst and Maria Hartendorp Ylst, married in the Netherlands. The children of Eege and Maria Ylst included: Cornelia Ylst [female] Bakker, Nellie Ylst Strietman, Cornelis [male] Heitman and Marinus Heitman, Angelina Ylst (John) Hut, Antje Ylst (Arie) Noot, Christina Ylst (Bartel) Van Oostendorp, Salt Lake City; Liahona Ylst (Neil H.) Christensen, Alamo, California, and Edgar Ylst, Nevada. @1995. ~ ~ ~ ~ Liahona graduated from BYU with a BA in 1955. She married Neil H. Christensen. [Alternate Alamo PO Box: 647] @2007

Yorgason, Blaine Michael
4458 S Big River Dr
St. George, Utah 85790 US

Blaine and Kathy Yorgason
  • Cell: 435-705-9799
  • Home: 435-986-1563

Class of 1961. Blaine M. Yorgason. Football, Dramatics. ~ ~ ~ ~ BYU MA American History 1970. Blaine M. Yorgason is the author or co-author of more than sixty books, including The Windwalker, which was made into a major motion picture, and Chester, I Love You, which was released by Disney Productions as Thanksgiving Promise. He and his wife, Kathy, lived in Riverton, Utah until they moved to St. George, Utah. ~ ~ ~ ~ His parents: John Gayle Yorgason and Lucretia Maude Copley Yorgason, Fountain Green. Frequently collaborates on writing projects with his brother, Dr. Brenton G. Yorgason [BYH Class of 1963]. ~ ~ ~ ~ FAMILY: Parents: John Gayle Yorgason and Beatrice Copley, married July 31, 1941. Following Beatrice's untimely death, John married Beatrice's younger sister, Lucy Copley, on January 9, 1952. Their children include: Marilyn Yorgason (Ron) Eliston; Gary Yorgason [BYH Class of 1961] (Teresa); Blaine Yorgason [BYH Class of 1961] (Kathy); Judy Yorgason [BYH Class of 1962] Ostermiller; Brenton Yorgason [BYH Class of 1963] (Margaret); Valerie Yorgason [BYH Class of 1968] (Edward) Platt; and Gregory Yorgason [BYH Class of 1972] (Kristine). ~ ~ ~ ~ Kathy and I are presently serving in the St. George LDS Temple, she as an Ordinance Worker, while I am an Assistant Recorder. I am also assigned to co-author a history of this wonderful old Temple, with a focus on Brigham Young's involvement, development of ordinances for the dead, and modern temple worship. What a choice assignment! Our 7 children have now given us 24 grandchildren, and we are greatly blessed. @June2011 More.

Yorgason, Brenton G.

Yorgason, Brenton G.
Provo, Utah US

Brent and Margaret Yorgason

Class of 1963. Brent Yorgason. 1963 BYH Student Body Business Manager. Football, Basketball, Track, Y Club, Debate, Band, Chorus, Junior Class Vice President, Seminary 4 years. Counselor / Therapist / Psychologist. BYU BS Sociology 1970. BYU MS Child Development & Family Relations 1973. BYU PHD Family Studies 1981. ~ ~ ~ ~ Dr. Brent Yorgason; Birth name: Brenton G. Yorgason. One of the most popular authors ever to write for the Latter-day Saint fiction market. Frequent collaborator with his brother Blaine Yorgason [BYH Class of 1961]. Co-author with his brother Blaine of the novel, Chester, I Love You, which was adapted to the TV movie, The Thanksgiving Promise (1986), directed by and starring Beau Bridges. Other books by Brent Yorgason include: The Carpenters Son; All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Primary; Discovering Lifes Treasures; Cherished Intimacy; Dating; From Darkness into Light; Grandmas Apple Tree; The Last Stagecoach Robbery; Little Known Evidences of the Book of Mormon; On Wings of Love; Paradise Creek: A Love Story That Will Capture Your Heart; Quiet Miracles : a true story of love and courage; Romance in Marriage: Spicing It Up; Seven Days for Ruby; Spiritual Survival in the Last Days; Standing Tall: The Shawn Bradley Story; The Garrity Test; The Soderberg Saga; The Wings of Words; Writing and Publishing a Book Made Easy; Ty: The Ty Detmer Story; Understanding Deaths Passage: A Companion to Grandmas Apple Tree. Parents: John Gayle Yorgason and Lucretia Maude Copley Yorgason, Fountain Green. BRENT & MARGARET YORGASON: Brenton and Margaret Yorgason have lectured extensively in the area of marriage and the family. Previous to this writing, they co-authored Dirty Socks and Shining Armor, a story about King Arthur and his family, several years after Camelot. Margaret is a devoted homemaker. As an accomplished violinist, she works with her children to help them develop their musical talents. She has co-authored several clip-art books, as well as a children's coloring dictionary. Brenton received a Ph.D. in family studies, with a doctoral minor in marriage and family therapy. He has been a practicing therapist, and, as a member of the National Speaker's Association, he is renowned as a keynote speaker. Brenton has authored or co-authored eighty-five books, with total sales of well over one million copies. Brenton and Margaret have nine children and ten grandchildren and reside in Provo, Utah. ~ ~ ~ ~ FAMILY: His parents: John Gayle Yorgason and Beatrice Copley, married July 31, 1941. Following Beatrice's untimely death, John married Beatrice's younger sister, Lucy Copley, on January 9, 1952. Their children include: Marilyn Yorgason (Ron) Eliston; Gary Yorgason [BYH Class of 1961] (Teresa); Blaine Yorgason [BYH Class of 1961] (Kathy); Judy Yorgason [BYH Class of 1962] Ostermiller; Brenton Yorgason [BYH Class of 1963] (Margaret); Valerie Yorgason [BYH Class of 1968] (Edward) Platt; and Gregory Yorgason [BYH Class of 1972] (Kristine). @2010 ~ ~ ~ ~ HIS OBITUARY: Brenton Gayle Yorgason, age 71, was surrounded by family as he passed away on the October 28, 2016 from Parkinson's with Lewy Body Dementia. He had a full and joyous life and was loved by many. He was born May 25, 1945 in Mt. Pleasant, Utah to Gayle and Beatrice Yorgason (siblings: Judy, Blaine, Valerie, Greg, Marilynn and Gary). Brent grew up in Nephi, Utah and Provo, Utah. In high school he was business manager, on the track team and co-captain of the football team. He graduated from historic BY High in the Class of 1963. He then served an LDS mission in Florida and Puerto Rico. Brent attended BYU where he met "the love of his life," Margaret Yates. They had a whirlwind courtship and married in the Manti Temple. Soon after he was activated in the Army and sent to Vietnam where he was awarded the distinctive "Soldier of the Month." While there, he was set apart as a special missionary and taught the gospel to many comrades. Returning home to his sweetheart he completed his Bachelor's, Masters, and PhD in Family Science with a minor in Marriage and Family Therapy. He spent several years teaching Seminary, and taught in the Family Science department at BYU. His greatest love was teaching the youth of the Church. His training enabled him to counsel and coach countless people through difficult times. He was never too busy to respond to the needs of others. He served as Bishop twice and as 1st counselor in the Sandy Granite Stake Presidency. Brent was most well-known as a prolific author and renowned speaker. He wrote and published 105 books, over 40 of which were biographies. He enjoyed writing many books with his brother Blaine. The paintings they did together were used as the cover of many of their books. He loved to include others as co-authors, especially his wife Margaret as they laughed, wept and worked together. He spoke nationally to a wide audience and loved meeting people wherever he went, inspiring others to become their best self. A self-proclaimed workaholic, he had an entrepreneurial spirit and started many companies, from bookstores to real estate to movie production. He loved reading biographies of the greats, almost as much as he loved writing them. One of his greatest joys was reading in the quiet pre-dawn hours. As an Eagle Scout himself, he had his own Eagle's Nest with his seven sons. Proud of his service as a veteran, he was a true patriot to his country. He proved to be a die-hard BYU Cougar fan, serving as National Cougar Club President. In recent years, he fought Lewy Body Dementia or as Margaret describes it "our battle with Lewy!" Even amidst this struggle, he continued to lift others with his unpredictable humor. Brent will be greatly missed by his wife Margaret, his 9 children: Jason (Beth), Aaron (Susan), Jeremy (Cheri), Joshua (Elena), Jen (Paul Thatcher), Don (Teresa), Dave (Holly), Jordan (Marianne), and Angela (Joseph Higbee), his 39 grandchildren, and by his car which he endearingly named "The Holy Cow". We express deep gratitude to Brent's caregivers and comrades at the Central Utah VA Home in Payson. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m., Saturday November 5, 2016 at the LDS Chapel located at 1550 S. 1100 W. Lehi, UT. A viewing will be held Friday evening from 6-8 p.m. at the same church and Saturday prior to services from 9-10:45 a.m. Internment will be in the Yorgason Family Cemetery, Fountain Green, UT at 3:15 p.m. Funeral Directors, Anderson Funeral Home Nephi, UT [Deseret News, November 2, 2016]

Yorgason, Gary J.

Yorgason, Gary J.
Taylor, Utah US

Gary and Teresa Yorgason

Class of 1961. Gary Yorgason. Football, Chorus. His arents: John Gayle Yorgason and Beatrice Copley, married July 31, 1941. Following Beatrice's untimely death, John married Beatrice's younger sister, Lucy Copley, on January 9, 1952. Their children include: Marilyn Yorgason (Ron) Eliston; Gary Yorgason [BYH Class of 1961] (Teresa); Blaine Yorgason [BYH Class of 1961] (Kathy); Judy Yorgason [BYH Class of 1962] Ostermiller; Brenton Yorgason [BYH Class of 1963] (Margaret); Valerie Yorgason [BYH Class of 1968] (Edward) Platt; and Gregory Yorgason [BYH Class of 1972] (Kristine). ~ ~ ~ ~ HIS OBITUARY: Gary (Yogi) Judson Yorgason, 51, died Wednesday, April 27, 1994, at his home in Taylor, Utah, after a valiant and noble fight with cancer. He was born October 24, 1942, in Vancouver, B.C., Canada, a son of John Gayle Yorgason and Lucretia Maude Copley Yorgason. He married Dolly Sue Worthington, July 22, 1966, in the Manti LDS Temple; they were the parents of three children and were later divorced. He married Teresa Buhler, May 15, 1981, in Fountain Green, Utah; later solemnized in the Provo LDS Temple, January 22, 1983.Gary (Yogi or Hoss) was raised in Nephi and later moved to Provo, where he graduated from BY High School in 1961. After his mission, he worked for Thom McCann Shoes and in landscaping, construction and at a lumber yard in Wyoming. For the past 12 years, he has been employed at Thiokol as a Material Handling Specialist in Supply Stores; most of that time was spent managing the lumber yard. He loved helping people, ranching, horses, and being with his family. He enjoyed sports, boating, fishing, hunting and landscaping. As a High Priest in the Taylor First LDS Ward, he had served in many positions including the Sunday School and Elders Quorum presidencies, a Sunday School teacher, and athletic director. He fulfilled a mission in the Western States Mission. Surviving are his wife, of Taylor; his parents of Fountain Green; four sons and two daughters, John Gary, Tyler Judson, Gregory James, and Sabrina Yorgason, all of Taylor; Shauna Marie and Justin Dale Yorgason, Salt Lake City; three brothers, Blaine and Brenton Yorgason, Salt Lake City; Greg Yorgason, Highland; three sisters, Marilynn Elliston, Soda Springs, Idaho; Judy Ostermiller, Salt Lake City; Valerie Platt, Pleasant Grove. Funeral services were held Saturday, April 30, 1994 in Ogden/Tayor. Interment, Yorgason Family Cemetery in Fountain Green. [Deseret News, Thursday, April 28, 1994.]

Yorgason, Gregory S.
5483 West 10030
Highland, Utah 84003-9172 US

Greg and Kristine Yorgason
  • Work: (801) 756-0896

Class of 1972. Greg Yorgason. BYU Engineering & Technology Pre-Professional 1989. Gregory S. Yorgason, formerly living in Elk Grove, California. Greg's parents: John Gayle Yorgason and Beatrice Copley, married July 31, 1941. Following Beatrice's untimely death, John married Beatrice's younger sister, Lucy Copley, on January 9, 1952. Their children include: Marilyn Yorgason (Ron) Eliston; Gary Yorgason [BYH Class of 1961] (Teresa); Blaine Yorgason [BYH Class of 1961] (Kathy); Judy Yorgason [BYH Class of 1962] Ostermiller; Brenton Yorgason [BYH Class of 1963] (Margaret); Valerie Yorgason [BYH Class of 1968] (Edward) Platt; and Gregory Yorgason [BYH Class of 1972] (Kristine).

Yorgason, Judy
3320 N 1000 E
Layton, Utah 84040-6569 US

Judy Ostermiller
  • Work: (801) 771-7025
  • Home: (801) 544-2337

Class of 1962. Judy Yorgason. Dramatics, Forensics, Chorus, Seminary Graduate, F.H.A. Historian, Thespians Historian. Judy's parents: John Gayle Yorgason and Lucretia Maude Copley Yorgason, Fountain Green. ~ ~ ~ ~ Family: Her parents: John Gayle Yorgason and Beatrice Copley, married July 31, 1941. Following Beatrice's untimely death, John married Beatrice's younger sister, Lucy Copley, on January 9, 1952. Their children include: Marilyn Yorgason (Ron) Eliston; Gary Yorgason [BYH Class of 1961] (Teresa); Blaine Yorgason [BYH Class of 1961] (Kathy); Judy Yorgason [BYH Class of 1962] Ostermiller; Brenton Yorgason [BYH Class of 1963] (Margaret); Valerie Yorgason [BYH Class of 1968] (Edward) Platt; and Gregory Yorgason [BYH Class of 1972] (Kristine). ~ ~ ~ ~ Judy was a teacher, Vista Elementary, Granite School District, Taylorsville, Utah. Judy married ____ Ostermiller.

Yorgason, Valerie
228 West 725 North
Lindon, Utah 84042-1311 US

Valerie and Edward Platt
  • Work: (801) 785-5623

Class of 1968. Valieria "Valerie" Yorgason. Married Edward Lyman Platt. Her parents: John Gayle Yorgason and Lucretia Maude Copley Yorgason, Fountain Green. ~ ~ ~ ~ NEW MISSION PRESIDENTS, February 2004: Brazil Goiania Mission: Edward Lyman Platt, 55, Lindon 1st Ward, Lindon Utah Central Stake; counselor in stake presidency; former high councilor, counselor in a bishopric, branch president, high priests group leader and missionary in the Brazil Mission. Owner and president of Linden Nursery. Born in Payson, Utah, to Gordon Leavitt and Allie Lyman Platt. Married Valerie Yorgason, and they have seven children. A Sunday School teacher, she is a former counselor, adviser and secretary in ward Young Women, Relief Society teacher and Primary pianist. Born in Mt. Pleasant, Utah, to John Gayle Yorgason and Clara Beatrice Copley Yorgason. ~ ~ ~ ~ Valerie's family: Parents: John Gayle Yorgason and Beatrice Copley, married July 31, 1941. Following Beatrice's untimely death, John married Beatrice's younger sister, Lucy Copley, on January 9, 1952. Their children include: Marilyn Yorgason (Ron) Eliston; Gary Yorgason [BYH Class of 1961] (Teresa); Blaine Yorgason [BYH Class of 1961] (Kathy); Judy Yorgason [BYH Class of 1962] Ostermiller; Brenton Yorgason [BYH Class of 1963] (Margaret); Valerie Yorgason [BYH Class of 1968] (Edward) Platt; and Gregory Yorgason [BYH Class of 1972] (Kristine). @2010

Young, Alice

Young, Alice
Provo, Utah US

Alice Young

Faculty & Staff. Alice Young, Shorthand & Typing teacher, 1901-1903.

Young, Alonzo

Young, Alonzo
Salt Lake City, Utah US

Alonzo and Mary Ann Young

Board of Trustees, 1917 to 1918. Alonzo Young was born on December 20, 1858 in Salt Lake City, Utah. His parents are Brigham Young and Emeline Free. He married Mary Ann Richards on December 23, 1879 in Salt Lake City, Utah. They have seven children. He died on March 31, 1918 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Interment, Salt Lake City.

Young, Ardis Egbert

Young, Ardis Egbert

Ardis and Homer McCarty

Class of 1920. Ardis E. Young (female). She received a BYH Normal Certificate in 1920. Source: Annual Record, B.Y. University, Book 10, page 54. ~ ~ ~ ~ Ardis Egbert Young was born on January 15, 1901 in Vernal, Utah. Her parents were Francis Marion Young and Annie Geneva Egbert. Ardis married Homer Ward McCarty on June 30, 1920 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Ardis Young McCarty died on January 27, 1996 in Murray, Utah. Her interment, Salt Lake City, Utah. ~ ~ ~ ~ HER OBITUARY: Our beloved Ardis Egbert Young McCarty, died Saturday, January 27, 1996 in the Sandy Regional Care Center, at age 95. Born in Vernal, Utah, January 15, 1901, she was the oldest of three children born to Francis Marion and Annie Egbert Young, who were themselves children of Utah pioneers. When she was three years old she went with her parents and her infant brother to Samoa where her parents served a teaching mission for the LDS Church. Later she lived in Provo, Utah, where she completed her education and received a normal certificate from Brigham Young University High School in 1919 [actually 1920]. She taught school in Magna, Utah. She married H. Ward McCarty on June 30, 1920 in the Salt Lake Temple. In 1931 they left Salt Lake City and spent twenty years in the midwest, returning in 1951. Her husband was Executive Secretary for the Utah Pharmaceutical Association. They celebrated fifty happy years together before he died in 1971. Wherever she lived, she was active in church and civic organizations, making many cherished friends. She served in the Relief Society on several stake boards, teaching all classes, and enjoying her many years as a visiting teacher. Proud of her pioneer heritage, she enjoyed participation in the Lorenzo Dow Young Family organization. But first and foremost she was a homemaker, and she leaves for her family a legacy of service, love, and countless happy memories. She is survived by her three children: Kent Young McCarty, Fremont, California; Coralie M. Beyers (John), Logan, Utah; and Nancy M. Sumsion (Carlton), Salt Lake City; 12 grandchildren, 23 great-grandchildren, six great-great-grandchildren. Her brother Karl Egbert Young, sister Gerda Young Roth, daughter-in-law, Virginia S. McCarty, preceded her in death. Funeral services were held on Saturday, February 3, 1996 at the Valley View Second Ward, 4395 Albright Drive (2140 East), in Holladay. Interment Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park, Salt Lake City, Utah. [Deseret News, Thursday, February 1, 1996.]

Young, Aretta [Arretta]

Young, Aretta [Arretta]
Provo, Utah US

Aretta Young

BY Academy High School Class of 1884, 1886, and Collegiate Class of 1900. Aretta Young. Graduated Friday, June 13, 1884, with a Normal diploma. Source: Territorial Enquirer, Friday, June 13, 1884. ~ ~ ~ ~ BY Academy High School Class of 1884. Aretta Young received a certificate of proficiency in Physical Geography. Source: Territorial Enquirer, Friday, June 13, 1884. ~ ~ ~ ~ BY Academy High School Class of 1886. Arretta Young. Awarded Teacher's Certificate. She spoke at Commencement on May 21, 1886 "In Behalf of the Ladies' Department". Source: The (Provo) Daily Enquirer, May 21 and 25, 1886.~ ~ ~ ~ BY Academy Collegiate Class of 1900. Received a Diploma: Bachelor of Pedagogy (B.Pd.). Source: Deseret Evening News, June 2, 1900. ~ ~ ~ ~ BYH Faculty & Staff. Arretta Young, Art & Reading teacher, 1885-1886, 1897-1923. She apparently taught in Wayne County [Fremont] in the interim period. She was the Principal of the Fremont LDS Seminary in 1890. ~ ~ ~ ~ Aretta Young was born on September 10, 1864 in Idaho. She died on March 25, 1923 in Provo, Utah. Interment, Provo City Cemetery. [She apparently never married.] ~ ~ ~ ~ Springville Museum of Art: Aretta Young, born September 10, 1864; died March 25, 1923, is of St. Charles, Idaho, and Provo, Utah. She was an art instructor at Brigham Young University around the turn of the century (ca. 1907) in the School of Arts. A daughter of Frank and Anna Young, Aretta Young attended Brigham Young Academy (BYU) beginning in 1883, and then went to New York State's Oswego Normal School in 1885. Also studying at Columbia University (Columbia Teachers) in 1905, she became a designer, watercolorist, oil painter, and poet whose monogram shows a large "A" with a squared top, with a small "Y" inside it. Aretta Young became an art teacher back in Utah; she also did calligraphy and drawings as well as watercolors of boats and figures in genre scenes done in this medium-- all these in a painterly and richly colored style.

Young, Brigham

Young, Brigham
Salt Lake City, Utah US

Brigham Young

Founder and Namesake of Brigham Young Academy, Brigham Young High School, and Brigham Young University. Born in Wittingham, Windham, Vermont, 1 June 1801. Baptized a member of the LDS Church in 1832. Ordained an Elder in 1832. Appointed Captain in Zion's Camp - 1834. Ordained an Apostle, 1835. President of Quorum of the Twelve, 1838-47. Served a mission to Great Britain, 1839-41. President of the Church, 1847-77. Died August 29, 1877. Prophet, Seer, and Revelator... President of the Church... Frontiersman... Explorer... Territorial Governor... Statesman... Military Commander... these are but a few of the roles played by the remarkable President Brigham Young. He has been called the American Moses for leading the Saints on the Exodus from Nauvoo, Illinois to the Great Salt Lake in Utah. Brigham Young was born June 1, 1801 in Wittingham, Windham County, Vermont to John Young and Abigail Howe Young. He was the ninth of eleven children. His parents being Methodist, Brigham affiliated with that sect at the age of twenty-one. He mastered several trades, among them, carpenter, joiner, painter, and glazier. Brigham married Miriam Works in 1824 and the couple settled in the town of Aurelius, New York, only some fifteen miles from Manchester, where Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery were working on the translation of the Golden Plates. Doubtless he heard rumors of their work and doubtless those rumors were not complimentary. Nevertheless, when given a copy of the Book of Mormon, a year later, by his father, who proclaimed it to be "the greatest work and clearest of error of anything [I have] ever seen, the Bible not excepted," Brigham studied it carefully and prayed for a divine confirmation of its truthfulness, which he received. Brigham was baptized April 14, 1832 and ordained an Elder the same day. In September of the same year, his wife, Miriam, died and after attending to her burial, Brigham determined to join the Saints in Kirtland, Ohio. It was there that Brigham met The Prophet for the first time. Both a close friendship and a great love developed between the two men. On the very date of their first meeting, Joseph prophesied that "the time would come when Brother Brigham Young will preside over this Church." Brigham immersed himself in service to the Church, serving a mission to Canada. In 1834 he married Mary Ann Angell, then later the same year joined the Military expedition to relieve the Saints in Missouri known as Zion's Camp. Despite much murmuring and disaffection displayed by others on the March, Brigham remained loyal to the Prophet and often defended him. Joseph never had a more loyal defender than Brigham Young. Through the remainder of Joseph's life, he would often face down the disloyal and the apostates in his defense of Joseph. In 1835, the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles was organized with Brigham called and set apart as a member. Brigham worked on the Temple during 1835 and 1836 until mob action drove him to join the Saints in Far West, Missouri where he established his residence in 1838. By this time he was the President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, Thomas B. Marsh having been excommunicated for apostasy and David W. Patten having suffered the martyr's fate. Thus when Joseph was imprisoned of false charges, the day-to-day running of the Church largely fell on President Young's shoulders. Brigham directed the evacuation of the Saints from Missouri which resulted in the settling of Nauvoo. This training of leadership in the face of persecution and adversity would stand him in good stead when a few years later, following the murder of Joseph and Hyrum, Brigham would lead the Saints west. During 1840-41 President Young filled a mission to England. Then, after his return to Nauvoo, he was called two years later to another mission, this time in the Eastern States. He returned to Nauvoo October 22, 1843. The Church was thrown into great turmoil by the murder of The Prophet and The Patriarch in Carthage, Illinois on June 27, 1844. A pattern of succession had not been established and there were conflicting claims to the leadership of the Church. Among these William Marks, President of the Nauvoo Stake, presented himself. William Strang claimed that Joseph had appointed him (Strang) as successor in a lengthy letter supposedly posted just nine days before the Martyrdom. William Smith, The Prophet's brother made a claim based on lineage. Perhaps Sidney Rigdon's claim attracted the most adherents, based on his position as First Counselor in the First Presidency. But when Brigham Young rose to speak and present the Twelve's claim, it was seen by the multitude that the mantle of Joseph fell upon Brigham. He was both heard and seen to speak as Joseph. The question of succession was answered and Brigham as President of the Twelve led the Church from that time forth, though several splinters broke away. The enemies of the Church had believed that with Joseph gone, the Church would fall. When they were disavowed of that belief, the persecution resumed and it was necessary for the Church to abandon Nauvoo in a great exodus to the west. Brigham's life of faith and leadership had prepared him well and on July 24, 1847, the main body of the Pioneer Company entered the valley of the Great Salt Lake. Later that year the First Presidency was organized with Brigham as President of the Church. Brigham's genius as an empire builder emerged and the desert was seen to blossom as a rose as Saints were sent to settle the Great Basin of the Rocky Mountains. Brigham dedicated four temple sites and lived to see the St. George Temple completed. In politics, Brigham served as Governor of the State of Deseret and later of the Utah Territory. He founded the Deseret University, now the University of Utah, and the Brigham Young Academy, and Brigham Young University.

Young, Brigham, Jr.

Young, Brigham, Jr.
Provo, Utah US

Brigham Young

Board of Trustees, Brigham Young Academy, 1895 to 1903. Second President of the Board of Trustees, 1895 to 1897. At the suggestion of Benjamin Cluff, Jr., new articles of incorporation were adopted on July 18, 1896, making Brigham Young Academy a Church school, and the Church assumed the school's indebtedness of $80, 000. At this time Utah had become a state, and the U.S. government had returned confiscated property to the Church. The twelve incorporators were Brigham Young, Jr. (who became president of the Board after the death of A. O. Smoot in 1895), George Q. Cannon, Myron Tanner, H. H. Cluff, Wilson H. Dusenberry, Karl G. Maeser, David John, Susa Y. Gates, Reed Smoot, Thomas R. Cutler, George D. Snell, and J. Don Carlos Young. Brigham Young, Jr., was born 1836 Kirtland, Ohio. Baptized 1845. Married Catherine Curtis Spencer 1855; later practiced plural marriage. Ordained an Apostle 1864. Mission to Europe 1866-67. Set apart to the Council of the Twelve 1868. Counselor to Brigham Young 1873. Assistant Counselor to Brigham Young 1874-1877. President of the Twelve, 1901-1903. Died 1903 Salt Lake City, Utah. Brigham Young, Jr. was a member of the Council of Twelve Apostles from 1868 and president of the Twelve from1890 until his death in 1903. He was the son of President Brigham Young and Mary Ann Angell, and was born Dec. 18, 1836, at Kirtland, Geuaga (now Lake) County, Ohio. His father was a widower, with two little girls, Elizabeth and Vilate, in the year 1833. It happened that a fast and testimony meeting was held in Kirtland, and among those present were Elder Young and Sister Mary Ann Angell. The gift of tongues rested down Upon Elder Young and the interpretation thereof was given by someone present. The Spirit bore record through that tongue that these two faithful souls were designed by God for each other. They were united in marriage, and Sister Mary Ann assumed the care of the motherless children. Brigham, the third child of this marriage, was born amid all the untoward circumstances of the early days in the Church. He was a twin; his sister, Mary, was a gentle, sweet little creature whose life was brief yet none the less beautiful. She was brought to death's door in infancy through an accident which was the direct result of the mobbings and drivings of the Saints. When the cruel exterminating order came for the "Mormons" to vacate Far West, Mo., in three days, Sister Young procured a wagon, and put what few movables she could crowd therein, and persuaded an Elder to help her to get away. She climbed in with the children and the brother started the team. Sister Young sat on top of the load on her baggage and bedding with a baby on each arm and three little children clinging to her skirts. Just as they started out, the wagon ran into a huge rut, and the baby girl was thrown out under the wheel. With a groan of dismay the driver picked up the bleeding baby and laid it on the trembling mother's lap, with the remark that "the poor little thing could not live;" for the head was mashed almost flat, and the blood was pouring from mouth and nose. "Don't prophesy evil, brother; take the other baby!" With skilful hands the mother squeezed and pressed the head back into shape, praying mightily all the while. The child lived and grew to be the finest child of the family. But at seven years she passed out of her sweet existence to the realms of peace and rest beyond. After the accident which occurred to the little Mary, Sister Young traveled on for two days in her sorry plight; at the end of that time they were met by Elder Young, who had come back for them in a wagon with two yoke of cattle. He immediately loaded them into his wagon. Herein he also loaded Elder Orson Pratt and his family. They traveled thus for two days, reaching a small village. Elder Young endeavored in vain to secure a house in which to leave them. None could be procured, but he found a stable, which he at once cleaned out and whitewashed, laying some boards on the floor, and making things as comfortable as he could. Into this stable he moved his own and Elder Pratt's family, leaving them there while he went back after more of the Saints. In 1839 the family moved to Montrose, which was across the river from Nauvoo; and in 1840 they moved to Nauvoo, where Brigham was baptized by his father in the Mississippi river in 1845. "As a boy," writes Sister Susa Young Gates, "Brigham possessed an indomitable spirit, a merriment which was as infectious as June sunshine, a love of sport and adventure and a courage which nothing could daunt. He was devoted to the magnetic man known as the prophet Joseph as was his father. Young as the boy was, the black gloom which fell over Nauvoo at the martyrdom filled his own Soul with despair. The laugh was stilled upon his lips, and the merry jest was turned to weeping in the sympathetic young heart. When the Saints were driven out of Nauvoo after the awful struggles and throes of anguish which accompanied and followed the assassination of the Prophet and Patriarch, Pres. Brigham Young led the crowd of stricken Saints, that terrible day in February, across the river to a place of greater safety, yet of such barren distress as surely has been rarely witnessed on this earth. The boy Brigham was off at play in Knight's mill with two companions when his mother and the rest of the children were taken across the ferry. Returning in the afternoon, he found the house open, furniture left standing, yet over the whole brooded the solemn silence of desertion. With the swiftness of despair he flew down to the river; a boat, the last one for the night, was just pulling away from the shore. It was loaded to the guards with wretched men, women and children. The boy saw a barrel in the bow of the boat which would serve him as a seat; without an instant's hesitation he jumped into the boat and sprang upon the barrel. Arrived on the opposite shore, such a scene of misery and desolation met his gaze as will never be forgotten, dogs, chickens, cows and pigs ran bellowing and grunting in every direction, men, women and children by the thousands ran hither and thither in the utmost confusion, wagons were scattered about, here was one hitched up, the driver cracking his whip and pushing recklessly through the crowd; babies screaming for their mothers, and mothers calling piteously for lost babies and children. Weeping and groaning sick ones lay here and there, while anxiety was in every heart. The boy hunted vainly and long for his lost family. No one had time or heart to devote to the little waif, there were too many of the same kind everywhere. A yoke of oxen had been drowned in the river; one was recovered, and some men tore off the hide and told the people that any one who lacked provision was welcome to use the meat thus obtained. The lonely, hungry boy with others seized this chance as a special providence to themselves, and for three days they lived on this uninviting food. At last Brigham heard of his father and mother at Sugar Creek, ten miles farther west; and so he tramped the distance, and at last he found and was found by parents and friends. Yet conditions were not much better for the boy than they had been at the river. His mother's wagon was as full as it was possible to crowd it; and there was no bedding to spare to the ten-year-old boy who had just arrived, and indeed there was none for any of the boys in the camp. All were exposed to the storms. To add to the misery of all, a cold, biting storm of sleet and wind began to rage. Brigham had tried to build up a barricade of cooking utensils and saddles against one side of his mother's wagon so as to shield him somewhat from the driving winds; but it was worse than useless. When the storm settled down upon them, Brigham secured the help of his companions, and they cut up enough brush to make themselves a tiny wickiup, into which they crawled and huddled thus together for warmth. The traveling through the swamps and bogs of Iowa was slow and painful in the extreme. For miles and miles the wagons labored heavily over a corduroy road, or rather bridge, made of logs withed together with tough willows. This terrible swamp was full of danger and difficulty. Here and there were swales, with a little sod over the seas of water and mud below. If one wagon got across the swale in safety, no other would dare to follow in its tracks, for they would have sunk out of sight. Each wagon straddled the tracks of the last, and even then the wheels would sink through the twelve-inch sod into the muddy lake below, and sometimes hours would be consumed in traversing a quarter of a mile. In one such swale, Brigham secured a stick twelve feet long, and thrusting it down through a wagon track, it went entirely out of sight in the muddy sea below. At last the company were located at Winter Quarters (now Florence, in Nebraska), and the strong, willing hands of husbands and sons built rude but comfortable cabins for the shelter of women and children. The pioneers took their dangerous and lonely way across the Plains the following year, but the boy Brigham remained with his mother in Winter Quarters. In April the first company in the spring of 1848 left Winter Quarters, led by Pres. Brigham Young, who had returned to bring the rest of his own family back to the retreat in the Valley. Brigham, who was then a boy of twelve, was made driver of two yoke of oxen. He was quite equal to the oxen and to the occasion. He was faithful to his trust. One of his father's wives sat on the seat, while the boy trudged by his oxen, cracking his whip and piping a song to beguile the weariness of the way. When the company halted at Sweetwater, women were tired, men were discouraged. Day after day passed, and the discontent of the party grew with every passing hour. Among any other people, there would have been mutiny and sharp turn backward to the shelter of civilization. Always alert to the pressure of influences about him, President Young felt the resistance that manifested itself in silence rather than in words. One afternoon at three o'clock he hitched up his coach and with the terse statement that he was going to the Valley; if anybody wants to follow, the road is open, the President put the whip to his horses and gave not a glance behind Like a flash, the boy flung the yoke upon his oxen, hitched them to his wagon, picked up his whip and drove as rapidly as he could after the coach rolling away to the west. This instance illustrates, as perhaps no other could, the keynote of this boy's after life. The determination which filled his whole soul and which stiffened the youthful lips into the iron line across his face so much like his father's, was expressed in the words which he uttered to his father's wife who hastily took her seat in the wagon: 'Father's started; I'm not going to lose sight of his wagon wheels while daylight lasts.' Fun may bubble, play may be fascinating, but when 'father starts or leads the way,' there will his son Brigham follow—even to the very courts of heaven. Away flew the coach and one carriage and away clumsily followed the double yoke of oxen not too far behind. The storm whistled and raged, and the stiff fingers of the boy could scarcely hold the whip. But on he ran beside his oxen, urging them on with word and lash. Evening came early, and aided by the gloomy clouds overhead, the whole country was enveloped in pitchy darkness. The road would loom up in the gloom as if the little swale ahead were a precipice hundreds of feet to the bottom. Even that much light was soon absorbed in night and the storm, and the whip was lost from the half-frozen hands of the little driver as he stumbled over a stump. His body was thinly clad; he wore only a pair of jeans pants, no shoes or stockings, a thin, calico shirt, with a bit of a cape made by his mother from a coat tail, and the cape was worse than useless as it was blown constantly about his ears and head. Clinging to the bow, the boy ran beside the clumsy beasts, knowing not where he was going or what would be the end. But 'father was ahead,' and the boy's heart leaned upon 'father' and upon the God of his father! The hours came and went in that fearful drive. Upon the seat in mute despair sat Eliza B., tossed from side to side with the dreadful jolts and lurches of the wagon. She knew that speech or cry were useless and only God could protect them or bring them into safety. A light! 'Tis a camp fire! And the faithful oxen moved heavily into camp. They had traveled about eighteen miles since three o'clock and now it was just midnight! Such were the struggles and trials that marked those pioneer journeys across the trackless prairies. Nine hundred miles had the boy driven, from the Missouri river to Fort Bridger. Arrived there, they were met by men and teams from the Valley. No heart was lighter, when the tiny spot of green in the center of the dreary Great Salt Lake valley was revealed to the travelers at the top of the Big Mountain, then later at the mouth of Emigration Canyon, than was that of the twelve-year-old Brigham. The removal of the clouds of danger which had so long filled the skies of their every retreat gave more than one heart such relief that the opposite extreme was reached and gaiety became abandon, while peace was the vehicle in which rode thoughtless, careless sport." Brigham's early years in Great Salt Lake valley were spent in herding stock, going into canyons and performing considerable hard manual labor. He was also one of the "minute men" who spent much of his time on guard, watching and fighting hostile Indians, and participated in several dangerous expeditions to the mountains. Nov. 15, 1855, he married Catherine Curtis Spencer, a daughter of Orson Spencer, and about sixteen months later (early in 1857) he yielded obedience to the principle of plural marriage by marrying Jane Carrington, a daughter of Albert Carrington. During the Echo canyon war, he did excellent service as a scout, and when out reconnoitering in the mountains he often suffered untold hardships. He was also one of a relief party sent back to meet a hand-cart company of emigrants, on which trip he was attacked by inflammatory rheumatism, which came near killing him, and from the effects of which he suffered for many years afterwards. At the April conference, 1861, he was called to act as a member of the High Council of the Salt Lake Stake of Zion, and in the spring of 1862 he accompanied Delegate Bernhisel to the States. Having arrived in New York, he received a letter from his father, who wished him to go on a mission to Europe. He complied with this call, sailed for England and arrived in Liverpool July 26, 1862. He labored principally in London, in connection with Elder Wm. C. Staines, and visited Scandinavia and other parts of Europe. He returned home in 1863, sailing from Liverpool Sept. 1st of that year. Feb. 4, 1864, he was ordained an Apostle by his father, Brigham Young, but he did not become a member of the Council of Twelve Apostles till October, 1868 when he was chosen to fill the vacancy caused by Geo. A. Smith being selected as a counselor in the First Presidency. In 1864, Elder Young was called on another mission to Europe for the purpose of assisting Pres. Daniel H. Wells in the presidency of the European Mission. Accompanied by his wife Catherine, he left his mountain home in April of that year and arrived in Liverpool, England, July 25th. He located at 42 Islington, and in August, 1865, succeeded Daniel H. Wells in the presidency of the mission. While acting in that capacity, he traveled extensively in the British Isles, and also made several trips to the Continent, visiting France, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Russia and other countries. Agreeable to the request of his father to return to Utah on a visit, he sailed from Liverpool Sept. 19, 1865, leaving Apostle Orson Pratt in charge of the mission. In crossing the Atlantic a fearful storm came up. Part of the ship's rigging was blown away, one man was washed overboard, and the vessel came near going to the bottom. Elder Young and a sister who emigrated to Utah were the only Latter-day Saints on board. While the storm was raging, a big burly Irishman, a sort of a religious crank, ascribed the cause of the storm to the fact that there was a Jonah on board in the shape of a "Mormon" Elder. He made a terrible fuss and insisted that Elder Young should be thrown overboard, in order to save the ship from destruction. At last the captain had to interfere and compel the Irishman to hold his peace. After a hazardous journey Elder Young arrived in Salt Lake City Oct. 25th. The following spring he returned to England to bring his family home. He arrived in Liverpool March 20, 1867, resumed the presidency of the mission, visited the world's exhibition, at Paris, France, and finally, leaving the affairs of the mission in charge of Apostle Franklin D. Richards, embarked with his family, on board the Cunard steamer "Scotia" and sailed from Liverpool June 29, 1867; they arrived safely home in the fall. On this mission of Elder Young and wife to Europe, two children (Mabel A. and Joseph A.) were born to them. In 1868, when Pres. Brigham Young took the big grading contract from the Union Pacific Railway Company, Elder Young and his brother John W. acted as agents for their father in letting out jobs to sub-contractors. Until the disorganization of the Nauvoo Legion, in 1870, Elder Young also held prominent positions as a military man, and did valuable service at the annual drills of the Territorial militia. After the death of Apostle Ezra T. Benson, he was called by his father to take charge of the affairs of the Church in Cache valley, for which purpose he located at Logan. He presided there until 1877, when the Cache Stake of Zion was organized. At the general conference held in Salt Lake City in April, 1873, he was chosen as one of the assistant five counselors to Pres. Brigham Young, and acted in that capacity until his father's death, necessarily spending considerable of his time in St. George, or southern Utah. After the death of Pres. Young he was appointed one of the administrators of the estate, in the settlement of which he showed a just and amicable disposition, for which he won the respect and confidence of the Saints generally. On July 12, 1879, for refusing to deliver certain Church property into the hands of Receiver W. S. McCornick, he was adjudged guilty of contempt of court, by Judge Boreman, in the Third District Court, and arrested, in connection with John Taylor, George Q. Cannon and Albert Carrington. On the following Aug. 4th he, together with Elders Cannon and Carrington, was confined in the Utah Penitentiary for not complying with the court's order of exorbitant bail. After more than three weeks' confinement, the order of Judge Boreman was reversed by the Utah Supreme Court, and the prisoners were released Aug. 28, 1879. In 1881 Elder Young went on a visit to Arizona, taking his wife Catherine along. They remained one year and returned to Utah in time for Elder Young to wait upon his sick mother during her last moments. She died in Salt Lake City June 27, 1882. Elder Young served several terms in the Utah legislature, made several trips to the East in the interest of the Church, and occupied numerous other positions of honor and trust. In 1890 he was again called to take charge of the European Mission; he presided in that capacity until 1893, when he returned home. After that time he spent most of his time in traveling and visiting the several Stakes of Zion. His sister, Susa Young Gates, described him as "a noble representative of his father's family. His gentle wisdom, his merry heart, and his integrity and truth are known to all the Saints. No matter what may be his trouble, or troubles, he does not impose them upon his friends. He has naught but contempt for all forms of hypocrisy or deceit. His own life and soul is a clear open book, and he would not gain the whole world were it to be secured through policy or subterfuge. He can keep still, but must not deceive." On October 17, 1901, Brigham Young Jr. was set apart as President of the Twelve. President Brigham Young, Jr. died April 11, 1903.

Young, Carol Gay
55-705 Wahinepee St.
Laie, Hawaii 96762-1259 US

Carol and Dale Hammond
  • Work: (808) 293-5028

Class of 1956. Carol Gay Young. Oratory Region, Interpretive Speech Region, Childrens Theater, Quill & Scroll, Pep Club, Thespians, Yld Cat Newspaper Feature Editor, Chorus, Junior Prom Committee. Married Dale A. Hammond. ~ ~ ~ ~ Try to imagine living across from one of the best beaches in the world, among the palm trees where the temperature hovers in the 80's most of the year, plus being close to a beautiful temple. This best describes where Dale and I live ... beautiful Hawaii. We moved to Hawaii in August 1959 just two months after our marriage and, except for three years between 1981 and 1984 when we had a great experience living in Las Vegas, Nevada, we are still enjoying this island paradise. I married Dale A. Hammond and we have six girls (five living) and two boys. I’ve been pretty busy being a mother and grandmother. I have taken quite a few interesting classes at BYU – Hawaii where my husband was a professor of Chemistry until retirement in 2003. It is too bad I didn't have him around when I was taking chemistry in high school! Subsequently, I took enough classes to graduate in Family Science from BYU in 1990, when my husband went back to Provo for a six-week professional development leave. I have been involved in a variety of things such as drama, music, painting, writing, fitness, dancing, children's activities, etc., anything but a dull life! I still feel "as crazy as ever", but who cares, I have fun. I taught early morning seminary. (In fact, I remember it was in Seminary Old Testament Class that I received the nickname, "Gummy", after certain classmates stuck gum in my skirt zipper for a joke), taught piano lessons for twenty years, belong to the Laie Choral Union, tend grandchildren, and served as the elementary school PTA President, and BYU-Hawaii Women’s Organization president. We have been able to travel to a number of different countries on school and other assignments, and around the USA to see our family. There have been the usual ward and stake church positions, the latest as co-director of the Laie Hawaii Family History Center, where my husband and I have also served part-time as missionaries. We were released as missionaries, but still are directors. All in all, I am not super-woman, but have lead a pretty crazy and interesting life since leaving good old BY High. @2006

Young, Christina D.

Young, Christina D.
Provo, Utah US

Christina Young

Faculty & Staff. Christina D. Young, Domestic Art teacher, 1893-1907. She appears in a photo of the first faculty to serve under Principal Benjamin Cluff in 1892. The Art Department was organized in 1893 under the noted Utah artist John Hafen, with Christina D. Young as his assistant. Hafen shared the art teaching duties with Edwin Evans and John B. Fairbanks, both of whom also became famous Utah painters.

Young, Craig Allen
725 South Woodland Hills Dr.
Woodland Hills, Utah 84653 US

Craig Young
  • Work: (801) 426-6078
  • Toll Free: (800) 294-6647
  • Home: (801) 423-7703

Class of 1974. Craig Allen [not Alan] Young. BYU BA Communications 1980. BYU MBA Executive Master Business Administration 1989. Craig grew up with his grandparents who owned Sowards Market on 5th North and 3 East--just 3 blocks from BYH. His name is actually Craig Allen Young, but he had to go by Allen for a while because they gave 'Craig' to Craig Jonnson in the same class. "I would love to be on the web site and involved in any other activities/reunions. We had a class reunion (our BYU elementary class) several years ago and it was fantastic. Let me know if I can help." Craig is married and living just south of Spanish Fork in Woodland Hills. The Youngs have 5 children. Craig works at Merrill Lynch as a Financial Advisor, and they also have a portrait photography business on the side. Craig Young, CFM, Senior Financial Advisor, Portfolio Manager PIA Program, Merrill Lynch, Provo Utah - (801) 426-6078; (800)294-6647 @2006

Young, David

David Young

Class of 1979. David Young. [Need middle initial, current location.] [TM]

1 2 3 Next Page